Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Salisbury, Wiltshire Used To Be My Home Town :)

Aww my conversation with work colleagues this lunch time, brought back such happy memories of me spending a fortnight in the Salisbury, Wiltshire hospital. It was back in the late 60's/early 70's. I remember sobbing my heart out when I had to leave the hospital because the staff on the children's ward were so lovely to me. One nurse in particular was very kind to me. ☺

It was also the first time a guy, other than my father, ever told me he loved me.;)  Lol I was 7yrs old at the time, having my tonsils removed and this young boy kept holding my hand to reassure me. He looked after me during my entire stay at the hospital. ☺

I have such fond memories of living in Salisbury. My Father was in the RAF and he was based at RAF Old Sarum and Netherhaven. I attended the Fisherton Anger Primary School.  I also attended Saturday School at the Catholic Church. Father Barry used to pick me up every weekend. My school teacher was lovely, her name was Miss Strudwick. She encouraged all of my class mates to write me a little note, which they all put in a huge sack. It was delivered to me at the hospital. I remember reading every one of those notes. My teacher even sent me a copy of the book we had all been reading in class, "The Unicorn.":)

Aww where have all of the years gone? ☺

SmileyRoseFrances ☺

No comments: