Monday, July 10, 2017

An English Accent


There are a lot of folk who can speak the English language, who all live in England, however not everyone has an English accent. ☺

I have an English accent, some people call it RP,  Received Pronunciation, it's the accent of Standard English and it used to be commonly used in mostly the Southern part of England. The English language is the language I was taught as a young child, by both of my parents. I was born in 1961. ☺

There are also regional accents around England. Depending upon where you grow up, you are likely to have a regional accent. This is still typically known as having an English accent. :)

Again, there is also a diifference in accents across the United Kingdom as a whole. You can often tell the difference between the English, Irish, Welsh and Scottish accents.

SmileyRoseFrances x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you speak English if you were born in a different country Miss SmileyRose?

Frances R. A. Napper said...

It's probably to do with my English, European roots. My grandmother was named Dorothy Shreeves and my Grandfather was Joseph Samuels. :)