Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Board Games :)

I have just read an article in today's Daily Mail re how families are returning to playing board games and completing jigsaw puzzles. Board games seemed to die down for a while, with more and more youngsters favouring Computer games instead.☺

Personally speaking, I love playing Scrabble, Monopoly and Trivial Persuit,  however as a child I had hours of fun playing card games ie; Patience, Mouse Trap, Connect 4, Twister and Buckeroo. I also loved to play dice games, such as Ludo, Snakes and Ladders and Frustration.  I was very fond of playing Draghts with my cousin, who believed strategy was the only way to win! In more recent years, I have played Who Wants to be a Millionaire with a friend;) .☺

My grandmother was very fond of card games. We spent many hours playing cards together, when I was a child.  There was a fabulous board game I remember, called Carroms. I remember playing it with my Father, uncle and cousins. It was a favourite game. The board game originated from India. :)

When I eventually had children of my own, I encouraged them to play lots of board games too. It didn't do them any harm :)

My thoughts on the subject: I think playing board games are a great way of interacting together, as family. It's fun too. The only disadvantage is losing! Lol I am a bad loser. 😅



SmileyRoseFrances x

No comments: